Thursday, March 24, 2011

Easter Heirlooms by Grace Barzyz



I think I have finally run out of adjectives (gorgeous, fabulous, lovely, unbelievable) to describe the artistry of Grace Barzyz. She just brought her Easter Collection into the Red Shed, and it knocked my socks off.
First is this beautiful palm cross, patterned after the real palm leaf crosses Grace's Italian family used to make after Easter services. Wonderful detail with vintage millinery, and handmade paper lily...


Italian Eggs are made from original vintage postcards, Italian tatted lace and embellished with vintage millinery and Swarovski crystals...

Love, Love, Love these darling little eggs, embellished with vintage letters, I just LOVE the gorgeous texture and perfect colors...

French Music Bunny.....


And last but not least, an Alice in Wonderland, Humpty Dumpty theater egg....once again, I will
let the pictures do the talking.....










3 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I feel honored to be your FIRST FOLLOWER and first commentor. I recently signed up with the Red Shed to go to France in October and I'm SO excited! I love the way you do you art work with old book pages and music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the textures and colors of her new Easter collection, especially the eggs....very vintage looking! Wish I lived closer to see them inperson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace always knocks my socks off with her paper artistry! Beautiful!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete